Monday, March 11, 2013

Advocare Cleanse FAIL

I just decided to quit the cleanse. I don't consider myself a complete failure, obviously I could have done better on it, but I have my reasons. And it's not for everyone. Several ladies have had great results and I think it is awesome!

1. That fiber drink makes me sick to my stomach. The drinking aspect wasn't terrible. I mean I'd rather chug a coca-cola but I could get it done. However, a few hours later I was sick to my stomach. You drink it the first 3 and last 3 days.

2. I had to get a boob ultrasound. I don't think it's anything serious and I will keep you all posted. Let's just say the anxiety from this last week had me not caring about what I ate. I didn't get too crazy but I just didn't care about the cleanse with that going on.


( I wanted a booby shot the morning of the ultrasound and I even wore my shirt a little low to celebrate them)

3. The first 3-4 days of the cleanse was awesome as far as "being regular" goes but since Friday... I'm struggling. I'm even holding onto a little weight I lost and I'm pretty confident it's because I need to go to the bathroom. TMI but wanted my experience out there!

4. I think the main working aspect of the cleanse is the clean diet. I failed to follow it every single day. I cannot be that strict and function normally and still be a nice person. Like no salad dressing? No thanks!



5. I'm going to stick with a healthy lifestyle. Eating better & working out. No more weight loss tricks or special diets. I need to be me to succeed. I don't want to live a life with out sugar or french fries. I just need to eat them in moderation.

6. I would like to say that I do feel better and I can tell a difference in my body. My face and upper body feel thinner. I tried on some clothes yesterday and just felt really good. Was it the cleanse? Maybe, either way I am excited to keep working hard and seeing more changes.
 (i shared this on instagram too - follow me mrsryan555)



I plan on maybe still taking the probiotic pills until Wednesday but I am done with that drink. I will post my results and measurements on Thursday with everyone else and best of luck to those still keeping on!

What was your cleanse experience?

12 comments:

  1. You did great girl... Who cares.. one day the cleanse is over and you are back to "making healthier choices". It is all about that. You rock and I adore you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO biggie, girl, you deserve a pass on this! You did much better and got much farther than I think I would have.

    BTW- that 'booby' pic of you is so pretty! I love the head tilt!

    And I hope you bought that maxi, it's awfully cute!

    When do you get your results?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelli, I love how honest you are. You have to do what is best for you. Still excited to see your results.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just started the cleanse today... And I will be honest- I know I'm going to cheat daily! I can't deprive myself or I will go nuts! But I think for me - I just need a key to eating healthier. & all you cool kids are doing it, so I had to try!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All that matter is what works for Y-O-U! You are not a failure or a quitter. YOU ARE FREAKING AWESOME!!! You are beautiful inside and out and honest, what more can a person ask for!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl I totally agree! I didn't even try the cleanse because I knew I wouldn't be able to follow-it. I absolutely CANNOT eat clean every meal every day. It just isn't me. I become a total bitch when I am hungry and I am pretty sure my husband would have forced some pizza down my throat before the 10 days were up! lol. Keep up posted about the ultrasound. I had to have one a couple of years ago. I have SUPER cystic breast tissue so they constantly feel lumpy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am done with that drink! LOL

    Love you girl. You tried and it wasnt for you and i call that SUCCESS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i admire you for trying anyways! i am sure you will still see results from it but you have to do what is best for you. which includes being a nice person! :) way to go girl! and btw i love that dress. and i am ALL about celebrating boobies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. dont worry about not finishing! The important thing is that you feel good! And that dress is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I think you look super cute so who needs The cleanse =)
    I hope your ultrasound goes well and that it ends up being nothing. I once found something odd and had to have a boob ultrasound too. Scary! It ended up being nothing thank goodness. So I know how worried you must be.

    ReplyDelete
  11. #5? Exactly how I live my life!
    Hope the results of your ultrasound come back clear!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would so much rather just watch my calories/clean eat than give up things like salad dressing! No way Jose! You need to do what is right for you, not because everyone else is doing it! I think you look great in that maxi, btw!

    ReplyDelete