Friday, March 1, 2013

Happy March 1st and that time we forgot our dog's birthday

Happy March 1st and Happy Friday!

I feel AMAZING. Our diet bet started Monday and since then I have not at my usual crap. No french fries, regular coke (SHOCKER) or other processed goodness junk. And I feel awesome and have lost 4.8 pounds from my diet bet weight already. (I weighed in at night - so my actual weight loss is probably around 3 pounds).

I am anxious to see how the weekend goes. Weekends are always tough with me because we are usually busy and eat out a lot. I am just not strong enough to eat out so it will be a test. Hopefully, I can make most of our meals at home this weekend. I will be going to a birthday party Saturday night and eating cake. I have thought about that piece of cake ALL week.

FYI if you're on myfitness pal... follow me at mrsryan555 I have made my diary public to hold me accountable. I don't want to eat junk food if I know someone is looking!

And then Monday is the advocare cleanse. I feel like this week I have helped myself ease into it... but I will miss my pop chips!

Moving on...

A few weeks ago I realized Wilson's (my cockapoo) birthday was coming up on Feb 26. I even printed out a doggie cake recipe. Last night my sister was at out house and I was petting Wilson and it hit me! We forgot his birthday! Obviously the weather will not permit a doggie get-together in the backyard, but Kendall and I are going to get him a gift and bake him a cake.




Love that pup!

Does anyone else celebrate their dog's birthday?
Are you starting the Advocare cleanse on Monday?

8 comments:

  1. We celebrated our dog's 6 month birthday haha. We obviously have problems! Winston is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We celebrate our dogs birthday. I don't think we would if we didn't have my son but he insists every year that we buy her gifts and sing happy birthday =)
    When I was little me and my sister would have secret parties for our dogs. We would shut them in our room and bake snacks for them in our easy bake oven. NOW I know you can't give dogs chocolate! Back then I didn't! Thankfully nothing ever happened to them...they were really fat though. So beware if your daughter is ever being very quiet in her room and you haven't seen the dog in a while. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I love the dog birthday cake idea!

    I think I am starting the cleanse monday too

    I am SCARED!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on your wt loss! good for you!! When I emptied the house of all junk snacks my life got a while lot easier and healthier...
    I am your newest follower from bloggy moms..pls follow back if you can.
    today is my youngest sons birthday...I think we could squeeze another day for our dogs birthday too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG this just reminded today is Wrigley's! I forget Maggie's every year. Bad dog mom here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ROCK ON WITH THE WEIGHT LOSS! AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We adopted our pup when she was three but we do kind of celebrate the month we adopted her!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dog is so super cute - what kind is he?

    4lbs in less than a week?? HOly smokes, girl! Curios, how much do you have to lose this month to meet your bet?

    I am SO glad you opened up your diary to us, I was checking it out this morning already! Not to be nosey, but to get some meal and snack ideas. Thanks girl! Now i have to figure out if our small hometown sells turkey sausage. Seriously, I haven't been able to find quinoa yet!!! Might have to make a stop in the big city this weekend and buy a few things Washington doesn't have. I HAVE to lose weight, i can't stand this any longer! Also think we're finally getting a treadmill this weekend!! Woot woot! I can't wait to get moving on that thing! :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete