Thursday, March 14, 2013

My Cleanse Experience even though I quit :)

The cleanse... I really had high hopes for this cleanse. I really thought I could follow the strict diet even though I am the pickiest eater ever. I really hoped it would get me back down into the 150s.

Let me preface this by saying this can be a great program/experience for someone. I have seen some great results. I did not follow the rules or finish the cleanse so that is why my results are different. I also wasn't a fan. The fiber drink made me sick to my stomach all day and I didn't have an appetite so I was basically starving myself. That's why I lost 3 pounds in 5 days. On day 5 after I had started using the probiotic pills it all went downhill. At this point the cleanse stopped me up instead of cleansing me out, so I quit. My weight can fluctuate 2-3 pounds every day so I could be lighter and probably will be if I could go to the bathroom.



I don't want to say this was a negative experience and totally hate on the cleanse. Some good came from this experience. I lost. 5 inches and I want to eat better. I may only eat clean 80% of the time but that's something I can live with. I don't believe in fad diets. I believe it has to be a life change. You will never hear me vow to permanently cut out sweets, bread, cheese, or coca cola. I don't need to eat those everyday but its ok, all in moderation.

Pre cleanse - bloated!



Feeling better!



I don't know if I will ever do a ten day cleanse again. Never say never, but it's not my style. I would like to try it on my own first. Burn more calories than I take in. I'm determined to lose 10-15 pounds by our family vacation in June that way. Between Jillian & myfitnesspal (username mrsryan555) I think I can do it.

How was your cleanse experience?
What are your goals?

4 comments:

  1. You know, I have been thinking about doing one of these and don't know that I have the courage and / or desire to go through with it for a long enough period of time to make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will never hear me vow to permanently cut out sweets, breads, cheese or mountain dew! That being said, 10-15 by June is totally obtainable. I am cheering for you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be SO HARD to do 10 days, but I guess its do-able.... Anyway you did great, but I'm with you, it's not something I could do long term. There is NO WAY I could give up sweets or cheese for a lifetime...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree- I'm ok with eating good 80% of the time, bc I want to enjoy life, dangit!

    ReplyDelete