Tuesday, May 14, 2013

That time we got front ended in a Wendy's Drive thru

"Are you kidding me?" I yelled. "That car just hit us."
Then I proceeded to mosey up to the food window where the 16 year old boy working says, "did he just hit you!"
"Why, yes he did!" And then the boy have me an extra sweet tea.
The guy in the car in front of me forgot he had put his car into reverse and pressed the gas and backed into my car.
And he had no insurance.
I called the cops to do a police report that they couldn't do because there were no injuries and it happened on private property. Lame.
The guys was in a "friends" vehicle and didn't have insurance. The officer cited him for driving without insurance and told me I could be called as a witness. Great.
Did I mention that in ky if someone hits you and they don't have insurance there is basically nothing you can do unless you want to take them to court?
Yeah, thanks Commonwealth!

On the bright side, no one was hurt. This one was not phased for having been in an accident.


In fact, she continues to repeat the phrases "are you kidding me?" And "don't hit us" to all the cars we pass today. Thank goodness I didn't use more colorful language!


5 comments:

  1. So glad you're all alright -- how's the car? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks! I had someone hit me in the drive through once but not the car in front of me! That's crazy. What the heck was his car doing in reverse to begin with lol glad everyone is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad y'all are ok... Some people are idiots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're okay! Gosh, that stinks... And in a "friend's" car? Really? Idiot. So sorry girl!

    Sarah
    www.thinfluenced.com

    ReplyDelete