Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Hot Summer Reads Link Up

There is nothing better than a good book! I try to read a book or two every month, but lately my grad school classes haven't allowed me much free reading time.
When I was on vacation last week I read two books (one was a repeat) and it was so nice. I thought I would share my reviews for Erin's linkup!

button

Also I have a READ WITH ME tab if you're looking for a book suggestion!

Entwined With You
by Sylvia Day

This is the 3rd book in the Crossfire Trilogy and the author left a note in the end saying it will not be the last. It was really hard for me to get into this book. I had trouble connecting with Gideon & Eva in the first book but I did enjoy the second one. Gideon became more of a hero for me then in the second book. But this third book? I had to force myself to read it at times and I found myself skipping over the 5 page love scenes. I can only take so much smut. There are so many characters in these books and I keep thinking they will be more developed or play a bigger part, but I am left with so many answers. Although I did not like this book in the series, I am too committed to not follow along with the rest of the series when they start coming out.

Beautiful Bastard
by Christina Lauren
Product Details
I just love this book so much I read it again during our 14 hour drive home! There is a sequel coming out July 9th and I cannot wait! I just preordered it to be delivered to my Kindle!
Product Details

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up!

    I have the Sylvia Day trilogy on my book shelf, now you have me worried I won't like it!

    I didn't know about Beautiful Bitch! Can't wait to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the third book. It was different and I believe she tried to change it to add more books to the series. As I got closer to the end I kept thinking how the heck is this going to end and I was happy there will be more! I do hope the next two books will be better but I don't think any smut authors can rival Ms. Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up! You and I are pretty much on the same page about Entwined with You as we discussed earlier! :) I can't wait for Beautiful Bitch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read the first of the Sylvia Day trilogy and found it a really hard read, wasn't worth the hype it was given in my opinion. By your review of the third I'm thinking even less of reading the other two!

    Hannah xx Squidoodles and oodles

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read the third book yet, in all honesty I totally forgot it was coming out, and now I"m a little worried. I'm with you and liked the 2nd book better than the first. Guess I'm gonna have to read the third and see for myself. I'm going to have to look into Beautiful books! Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete