Monday, July 29, 2013

A Little Bit of Everything

Let me introduce you to crayon art. My sister and cousin Katie made some crayon art and I joined in on the fun Friday evening. Here was my inspiration:

Here is what it looked like before I decided to take the crayon wrappers off...




And then after the hair dryer:

My NEW hair dryer is like a freaking jet engine. The crayons started to splatter and it makes me wonder if that's why people leave the crayon wrappers on. I was pleased with the results and my lovely sister doctored it up with paint, but I've yet to see it in person!

~~~****~~~

This photo was captured during Kendall's "quiet time". K has 2 hour naps every day at school but on the weekend they are hit or miss, so we just insist that she have quiet time playing in her room with no distractions. 9 times out of 10, she falls asleep. This particular day she was laying in bed when I went to get her because we had to go to a cookout!


My cousin Becca and her husband hosted a cookout this past Saturday! It was so nice and the food was yummy! I brought brownies and pink lemonade cookies. Yum!

Kendall and Caleb were able to hang out! Neither would pose for a picture!


This case of candy has been sitting in my house for a few days. I don't know if I've mentioned but my husband is taking a group of students to Dominica in June 2014. They will be doing science stuff, snorkeling, rain forest stuff, and more science stuff. So he has been trying out all kinds of fundraising ideas. 
I may have opened a box of candy and left a $1 in place of a bag of skittles. 


And lastly, Kendall is going to try out a tumbling class tonight! I bought her a dance leotard from Target. They were cuter than the gymnastics ones and I know she would like to try dance in the near future too. So win win! Tell me why she discovered this show called Angelina Ballerina all weekend and when I asked her if she wanted to go to gymnastics tonight she said, "No I want to ballerina". Mom fail! 



4 comments:

  1. She will LOVE tumbling and she will absolutely be practicing all over your house every single day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have eaten that entire box of candy by now!! I have zero self control! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We sold candy for a trip to Toronto in high school, worked really well!

    ReplyDelete