Monday, August 19, 2013

Baby #2

Thank you so much for the congratulations on our big news! We are thrilled to be adding to our family! And Kendall is so excited to be a big sister.

I wanted to write out how this whole pregnancy came to be (not the act of creating said baby - ha!) and how this pregnancy has been so far.

We felt like it was time to start trying for a baby but we were really in no hurry to get pregnant. I had waited to get an OK from my thyroid doctor about my levels and then we just figured we would go off the pill and see what happens. It took us 4-5 months to get pregnant with Kendall so I figured it would take a few months this time too. So I went off the pill in late June.

The weekend of July 12-15 Kendall, myself, and my dad had visited my mom and sister in Michigan while my sister was having some treatments done. I can't explain how I felt, but I just felt off. I got a little queasy in between meals and I was peeing a lot. I secretly just knew I was pregnant. My parents even joked about getting a pregnancy test but I knew it would have been too early. I had like 6 days until my period. There was no way I was already feeling pregnant.

We got home Monday July 15 and the first thing I did was go take a pregnancy test in the bathroom. I had already been telling Chris the whole weekend I was pregnant and sure enough, there was a faded second line right away.
We were excited but kind of shocked more than anything. Like a "shit just got real" kind of feeling. The differences between a first and second pregnancy had already started. Ha!

The next day I was observing at a school and as soon as I got out of there I went and bought 2 more tests. This time the 2nd pink line was darker.

I tested AGAIN on Wednesday and then I couldn't hold it in any longer so we shared it with our families.
I sent them the same picture of Kendall. Here are some outtakes from that photo session. :)


Kendall was (of course) wearing her white dress. Aka a slip that is falling apart. The "I'm the Big Sister" shirt is very special to me. I found it a few years ago in some of my kid stuff. It is the shirt I wore to the hospital after my brother was born. So naturally I kept it long before I was married or had kids because I knew my future daughter would wear it one day.

Here's me the day we told our families. I was super bloated and have been since I figured I was pregnant. I think this is funny that I was working out that day because there hasn't been much of that since then. 

And here I am at 8 weeks. Already rounding out a little and just feeling puffy for the most part. It is so true what they say about subsequent pregnancies. I am very limited in my wardrobe these days. My normal clothes feel tight but I'm not big enough for maternity yet. 
Symptoms : I am having A LOT more nausea than I did with Kendall. Sometimes I'm fine but sometimes I feel so bad. I'm also super hungry at the same time. Weird. And so, so tired. When I get home from work - it's over. My house is a wreck, I'm behind on laundry, etc. But I don't care! I'm too tired to do it! And the heartburn has already started. I didn't have that until about 23-24 weeks with K!

Did you have any differences between your first and second pregnancies?

9 comments:

  1. Love!! Congrats again!!! Baby #1 was so easy... Never sick or cravings or adversions and it was a girl. Baby #2 I was sick and nauseous and didn't want to eat certain things... And it's a boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! How exciting! Congratulations to y'all, can't wait to read about your 2nd pregnancy journey! I'm gonna say its gonna boy!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, completely different pregnancies... which, in my case, meant a boy and a girl! You look great... take care of you, the housework will always be there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can totally relate to the disaster zone known as my humble home! and laundry is piling up and Im lucky to get one load done every few days. and the hell if its been put away.
    I seriously napped 3 times yesterday. and I am already ready for a nap now! ugh! the 2nd trimester cant come soon enough. I want my energy back!
    I get you on the heartburn too! this is going to be a really long pregnancy if I have to deal with it this soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Hold the phone! Didn't we JUST talk about this like within the last month or so? Yay! I'm so happy for you! I'm going to be posting my maternity clothes on my new IG account "Second_Hand_Style" hopefully tomorrow! You should check it out!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations again! Babies are the best =)
    This pregnancy is SO different for me than when I was pregnant with my son. I don't know if the difference is because I'm having a girl this time of if it's just because ALL pregnancies are different. I've had every pregnancy symptom that you can have lol. I told my husband if this has been my first pregnancy we wouldn't be having a second baby. We have 6 weeks left and I am officially done with being pregnant. I LOVED being pregnant with Noah...not so much this time!
    I hope your nausea goes away soon! That can suck out all of your energy =( Don't worry about the house being a wreck...Get all the rest you can now =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, that 8wk pic is so so sweet!!! yay for a little bump!!! I cannot tell you how happy I am to be going through this with you!

    I love that that shirt was once yours!!! That is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats!! That is so exciting! I hope your Nausea goes away ASAP! I hated that! :) looking forward to your prego updates!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I'm so happy for you! I hope your nausea goes away soon. I had no difference in my pregnancies. I was sick every single day until the day I delivered with all 4 kids! Can't wait to follow along with this pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete