Wednesday, August 14, 2013

End of Summer

This time of year is always a little bittersweet for me. More so this year since it already feels like fall. Summer always comes and goes too quickly. And I always get a little sad when Chris begins teaching in the fall.

It's bittersweet because I feel like summer didn't really feel like summer after June happened. This weather has been beautiful, don't get me wrong, but it hasn't been warm enough to swim every day or wear my cute summer dresses. However, I always look forward to fall because I love sweaters, fall smells, and TV premieres.

So these past few weeks we have been indulging in some summer fun. Kendall and I had a play date on Saturday. Kendall's friend Hannah from school is her very best friend. I always have a good time chatting with Hannah's mom and watching our girls play.

Sunday it was sunny enough to get in my parents pool. I am so amazed at how confident Kendall is every year she swims. She swims clear across the pool in her puddle jumper. Almost every time we swim I take it off and let her attempt to swim without it. It always scares me when she goes under. I'm right there and I have her within seconds, but it just scares you.

I only have this week and next week left for school and then my student teaching adventure will begin. I am anxious, excited, and nervous. I am so many things, but mostly ready to be done with school for a while. I don't want to rush the next 4 months but I will be ecstatic when I am done with my masters.

We are going to go to the State Fair this weekend. I am really excited! We didn't go last year and I know Kendall will have a blast this year. They always have a bunch of kid exhibits inside, animals to pet, and ALL kinds of good food. I won't sugar coat why I like the fair, I go to stuff my face. One time a year people!

2 comments:

  1. I agree, it has not been like summer I supposed to be! It went by waaay too fast too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, w/ the cooler than normal weather here in Iowa it hasn't felt much like summer. And next week when school starts the temps are supposed to be back up in the upper 80's. Not fair! We've not been to the pool as much b/c of the cooler temps and it stinks for the boys.

    Have fun at the fair!!! Take a pic of s/t delicious and text it to me so I can drool! Ha ha!!!

    ReplyDelete