Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014

Another new year is among us! We failed to stay up until midnight (again) but sleep is fairly precious these days.

I spent the last day of 2013 at work. Then the three of us went with my parents to see Frozen! It was Kendall's second movie theater experience and she did great. She loved the movie! Honestly, all the adults were laughing too. Super cute!

Then we came home, watched a little SVU, ate some cheese dip, played the Disney a Princess Cupcake game, and went to bed!

Whilst laying in bed this morning, I decided to make a resolution list. I feel like my goals for 2014 are pretty simple.



More dates with Chris
We need to make our marriage a priority. Nothing is wrong or sour, we just need to make time to be a couple. Shelli and Chris. I thought once a month was a good goal for a night out.

Home Church
We need a church. Let me rephrase... We need to actively seek a church family for our family.

Home Projects - self explanatory. Another iphone note for another post. Ha!

More quality time with family
Being busy with school/work has taught me a huge lesson in being present when I'm home with Chris and Kendall. I've stopped playing on my phone so much, taking calls/texts in the evening so much, and watching a lot of tv or reading. It's much more important that I play withKendall or give Chris my undivided attention. So I want to do more of that.

Read more with Kendall - we don't do this near enough!!

Have a Baby (and survive-ha!) im anxious to see how we transition to a family of 4. Life is easy now and there is so much unknown. But there is also so much excitement and love waiting to be shared!

Lose the baby weight - not a big priority, but still important. I've done it before and I will do it again. I promise to give myself time to do it the right and healthy way.

Land a teaching job - I got the degree and I hope to land a job for the 2014-15 school year. That would be great!

So I have more resolutions that I thought, but I feel like they're totally doable.
What are your resolutions? Any similar to mine?

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see that baby! We're still working out our transition to a family of four. I'm trying to figure out how to balance it all! Some days I think I do pretty well and others I feel like Noah has been neglected a lot. I have to remind myself to take time to slow down and spend REAL time with him. I hope you find a teaching job! I want to go back to school and get my teaching degree. I think it's the perfect job for when you have young kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going from 1 to 2 was hard. but I know you will do great! One day at a time and remember to cut yourself some slack :)

    ReplyDelete