Friday, January 3, 2014

A room for our second daughter…

Remember this cute toy room?
Well it is now a future nursery. Somehow I have managed to stuff all of Kendall’s toys in other places to make room for Adley.
At first I wasn’t very excited about redoing a nursery. I contemplated creating a big girl room for Kendall and then moving baby into K’s room but decided against it. I didn’t want Kendall to lose her room.
Once I made the decision to keep K in her room, a new project excited me! I planned on keeping the same furniture (obviously!) and bedding. I loved K’s bedding and felt it looked pretty in the pale yellow room.
See:
DSC_1037
This little gem is my inspiration for the nursery. This is my artwork circa 2006 when I decided I wanted to paint. Ha! I’m so glad my mom kept it! Not sure where it will hang just yet!DSC_0007
My parents picked up this cute shabby chic rocking chair for me! It needs a little TLC in the form of a sand and repaint and then it will be perfect!DSC_0001I also found this adorable fabric which I intend to make a rocking chair seat cover with. It has yellow and pink butterflies on it. I am not a theme person by any means. I like to decorate using patterns and colors, but this room is going to have some butterflies. :)DSC_0002 I found this adorable plaque yesterday! It was all by itself on a shelf just beaming at me. I love monogrammed pieces in decor!DSC_0003 Back to the butterflies… I bought these little wall decals at the $1 store a while back! I have an idea to put them across one of the walls so they are flying. DSC_0004
Oh and this contraption in front of my collection of totes (baby clothes) was another Christmas gift! It’s a Joovy tandem stroller! I’m so excited about this! K can sit or stand while A will ride in her infant carrier or sit in the seat.
DSC_0005   
So there is my vision! I’m not sure if it made any sense but it will be fun to see how the nursery progresses. Kendall and I love spending time in there and talking about Adley. In fact, I plan on having a special big sister basket for K in Adley’s room. Something that holds some toys and things to keep her busy if mom is busy with baby. Also, I might put some baby doll accessories in there for Kendall to care for her own baby if she wishes to do so.
Thoughts?

5 comments:

  1. very sweet! we are in the house hunting process and I keep invsioning bebe A's room :)
    Marissa's room is owl themed (Circo's Love n Nature from Target) and while I originally thought I wanted that or something similar for Ainsley too, I may have changed my mind to go with purple and birds/butterflies (Lambs & Ivy's Plumberry from Target)
    decisions, decisions...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her room will be so cute! Emily's room is the same color yellow =)
    What an awesome stroller!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the rest!! I want a Joovy stroller! We are making good progress in baby brothers room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that bump out window! I would be perfect for a window seat w/ shelves/storage under it someday!

    Love the butterflies! So girly!!! :) Everything looks great, you have such a touch w/ decorating and pulling things together!

    Love the idea of the big girl basket for K and the baby doll!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excited to see it with an itty bitty baby in it! :)

    ReplyDelete