Tuesday, January 7, 2014

DIY No Sew Rocking Chair Seat Cover

DSC_0031

I was SUPER productive on New Years day. I blame it on nesting and Kendall’s almost 3 hour nap. I initially planned to sew a cover for the seat, but decided to take the lazy approach instead.

Here’s what I used:

DSC_0024

Some foam I bought at a facric store, fabric, glue gun, measuring tape, scissors, and an iron.

I placed the foam on the seat and removed the excess foam.

DSC_0025

I then cut out enough fabric so I could wrap the foam like a present.

DSC_0026

See just like a present and start hot gluing.

DSC_0027

Next I made sure to tear a few fabric scraps so I could make some seat ties.

DSC_0029

And then I promptly glued those on to the bottom of seat cover.

DSC_0028

And voila.

  DSC_0031

2 comments:

  1. great job!! it looks super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see this in my future for a couple hard kitchen chairs!

    ReplyDelete