Thursday, February 20, 2014

35/35

Today I am 35 weeks pregnant with 35 days to go until my March 27 due date.



I had my first weekly appointment and internal check on Tuesday. I am 1cm and 50% effaced. Doctor said I was measuring big, not huge, but big. More like 36 ish weeks. So she offered me an ultrasound which I have scheduled for 38 weeks and she discussed induction possibilities.

I'll be honest, as much as it excites me, it freaks me out too. I was induced with Kendall. You can read her birth story HERE. It was a great experience. I have nothing to compare it too, but I wonder how it would have gone if I had gone into labor on my own. No decision has to be made yet so I'm just going to let time and Adley do their thing!

For fun, here is a little survey!

How far along?: 35 weeks
How big is your baby? BIG! Baby center says 5 1/4 lbs, I'm thinking 6
Total weight gain?: 28 lbs according to my chart
Sex: Sweet Baby GIRL!
Maternity clothes: All the time! Some are getting too small and my belly hangs out. I switch to yoga pants and a tank or one of Chris's tshirts when I walk through the door!
Stretch marks:  Yes. Most are from last time and they are all very faint and limited to my belly.
Sleep: What's that? I toss and turn all night. And my 3 year old thinks shes a newborn right now.
Best moment this week: Too many to count! Great appointment for Adley and fun times with big sister looking through her old baby gear and pictures.
Movement: All the time! It's getting very limited because she is running out of room.
Food cravings: Little Caesar's Pepperoni  Cheese Bread, Pepsi, and Easter white chocolate M&Ms... so healthy I know
Labor signs: Braxton Hicks and a lot of pressure. 1 cm, 50% effaced and Adley is head down!
Belly button in or out: in
What I miss: getting up from a seated position quickly, holding Kendall more, and sleep
What I'm looking forward to: Going shopping for a few to do list items this weekend and my next appointment!

And here is a comparison shot! 35 weeks with Kendall in September 2010 and today at 35 weeks with Adley!


Oh and if you noticed we chose a middle name for Adley, your check is in the mail. No it's not! Ha! ;)
 

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you're 35 weeks already! How exciting! You look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look great! 35 days left?! holy cow! I am so jealous!
    My doc just said at my 32 week appt last week that he will start checking me at 36 weeks, I cant wait! discomfort and all!
    Cant wait to see your sweet baby Adley! the closer it gets, the more I am going to be stalking this blog and your IG! haha

    ReplyDelete