Tuesday, February 18, 2014

My House 2014: Living Room

See kitchen HERE, Dining Room HERE.

Our Living room is long and awkward. I feel like I have done a good job of managing the spaces into two areas these days.

And no we don't have light covers. Ha! We've lived here for two years and never put them back on. I don't like "boob" lights and we have plans to install recessed lighting. Hopefully, this summer!DSC_0051

So by using this big area rug and framing the furniture around the window and TV, here is our living room area. We purchased the furniture last year. I made the ottomon myself (POST here) using a $2.00 garage sale coffee table. My Vanna White (Kendall) loves this room too!

DSC_0052

And then the second space in our living room is the play nook. Since eliminating the playroom to make room for baby Adley, I still wanted a place for the kiddos to play. Plus this corner is super awkward anyway. Art supplies, books, and a few toys are housed in this corner. I'm contemplating moving the TV into Kendall's room but I'm not sure I want her to have that in her room yet.
DSC_0053

2 comments:

  1. The play area is great! You did a great job of making the living room cozy!

    ReplyDelete