Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pregnancy Take Two: Weight Gain

Inspired by this post from my first pregnancy.

I am happy to report that I have gained less with this pregnancy than I did with my first. I won't sit here and tell you that whilst being pregnant I don't dislike my body. I've had my share of lows in the getting dressed department this time around too.

However, I really feel different about the whole process because I know I will lose the weight. More importantly, I look at Kendall and see what I get out of the whole process and it does not matter.

The stretch marks will fade. I will wear normal clothes again. I will like getting on the scale one day. I will enjoy working out and eating better and see changes in my body.

BUT I carried a baby. I brought a life into this world. I have battle scars to prove it. There are women out there who would kill to be in my position, so complaining about feeling fat just doesn't appeal to me.

However, I do laugh about it more this time around.

The pregnant farts that you just can't control. Worrying if you will make it to the bathroom in time. Having your three your old help you take your boots off. Hearing yourself breathe loud and your husband complain about your snoring. Heck, I even have a belly bump dance.

It's funny this time around. I have embraced my changing body and I cannot wait to get my PRIZE!

 

1 comment:

  1. Amen to all that! I've actually gained a little more this time but I'm not stressing it too much (or at least at this point) b/c I too know how to get it off. I love the cool weathers this time around but man I hate putting on shoes!

    ReplyDelete