Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Thrifty Tuesday: Beans

Beans, beans,
Good for your heart, 
The more you eat them, 
the more you...

Ok, I'm mature.


Let me introduce you to the cheapest and best toy ever for a 3 year old. Beans. 


My mom busted open a bag of kidney beans at her house for Kendall to play with and its all she talked about. "Can I go play with beans at Grandma's?" 


So I purchased a $2.68 bag of Great Northern white beans and a $1 set of measuring cups. Mix that with a few unused kitchen items and you have instant fun.


Best IDEA ever!


We even pulled out her kitchen and accessories to maximize our bean fun one day. 



Obviously, I wouldn't let Kendall play with beans if I was concerned she would try to eat them like this. AND she is very good about cleaning them up. In fact, if girlfriend finds a missed bean on the carpet she is certain to bring it to me. 

4 comments:

  1. Great idea! :) Our version is "Beans beans, the magical fruit, the more you eat, the more you ...." :) And yes, we know they aren't fruit! Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! Of all the sensory ideas I've tried nothing compares to beans!

    ReplyDelete