Monday, May 5, 2014

Body Talk

So here is the post I have been dreading talk about. Why write it Shelli?

Because.

Because I want to embrace the journey. I want to embrace the body I’ve had, have, and will work to have!

I have realized I love growing babies. I also have realized it takes me roughly 50 pounds to do that. Ha!

Here I am all puffy and HAPPY about to have Adley. Best day!

IMG_7051

It took me 6 months to lose my baby weight with Kendall, so I am giving myself that amount of time to do it healthily this time with Adley.

My ultimate goal is my honeymoon body. See below. We will talk about that much later.

IMG_7542

For now, I have 25 pounds to go to get to my prepregnancy weight. First, lets say “woohoo” for losing 25 pounds already! Go me! Go breastfeeding. Ha!

Here is a pic of me from a few weeks ago. How cute would this dress be if I didn’t have a postpartum pooch?

IMG_7556

But now its time to eat better and start walking and start drinking lots of water.

My first goal is for my rings to fit. :)

IMG_7552 

I can’t really count calories too much because I have to maintian my milk. And I would like to ease back into a workout regimen. I’m going to start walking every week and then try my 30 Day Shred videos in a few weeks. I can’t wait to lift some weights!

I want to be a good example to my girls. Kendall is at an age where she watches everything I do, so I need to be careful how I talk about my body. I also want them to see how I treat my body so they will follow in my footsteps.

 IMG_7566

I wouldn’t trade my stretch marks for anything! They show me what my body has accomplished and given me. The two most beautiful girls!

6 comments:

  1. take it slow and do it right and it will come off. Your girls are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the right attitude! I'll be your cheerleader! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl...I'm over 2 years out (5 years total) and I still have like 20 pounds to lose to get to my FIRST pre-pregnancy weight! Ha! You'll get there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will get there! I am a little over 8 months PP from #3 and I have 9/10 lbs to go {depends on how my scale feels that day} to get to the weight I was before I got pregnant with Noah. My body has changed alot since having a third baby and I'm trying really hard to love my new self. You look fantastic and I know you will get back to your pre-baby body soon! Also, love the dress you have on in that shot, great colors on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will get there with your attitude. Me on the other hand, Parker is 3 1/2 & I still have'nt lost all of it. I actually got asked if I was pregnant yesterday. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post!! I am 5 months PP and I still can't fit into my engagement ring. I am so sad. I don't know why my fingers are still swollen. I am about 22-24lbs over my pre-pregnancy weight. I need some motivation!

    ReplyDelete