Thursday, May 15, 2014

My first.... #totalsocial


Update on my girls: they BOTH have ear infections. :( Do you know how sad it is to give an almost 2 month old an antibiotic? And the stuffy nose makes me want to cry!

Due to lack of adult thinking these days (new mother of 2 right here ya'll) I'm depending on link ups to get me through my blogging drought! And this one sounds really fun. It also has a #throwbackThursday flare!

Helene in Between

Today I am going way back. Way back to a time when I was a hopeless girl in love. You know when you try new things to make a boy like you more? 
Well, circa 2006, that thing I tried was 4 wheeling. 


If you know me at all, 
then you know I don't camp, 
fish, 
like to be outside in the heat to long (I melt, I swear!), 
get dirty, 
play sports,
hunt (LORD NO!),
or any other dirty/sweaty/outdoorsy thing.

But, I did pay way too much $$$ for a pink helmet to go 4 wheeling with my boyfriend (now husband) so I would feel cute while being all gross outside!


So... my first is really a last of sorts. The FIRST time I was thrown off a 4 wheeler and the last time I let Chris take me on a 4 wheeling trail in the woods. Asphalt or open field since then...

It's hot. It's summer. Chris and I are aboard his atv and my cousin is riding on his behind us. We are having fun and riding around all these trails or whatever. Then we approach a little creek. I tell Chris he is going too fast. I tell Chris he better slow down. And then I CURSE at Chris because I have landed in the mud. 

No Words. I say nothing. 

He's all... "Are you ok?", "I'm so Sorry." Blah. Blah Blah.

I have mud EVERYWHERE. It's in my shoes, pants, arms, and probably even in my underwear. I can't even speak I am so disgusted.
I don't say a word. I get up. I don't even take my pretty pink helmet off. I just turn around and walk. 
Where am I going?
I don't really know. I just know I'm getting the hell out of these woods and not by the means of my boyfriend or his damn 4 wheeler. 

5 comments:

  1. As much as I love sports and will play anything and everything... I gotta draw the line at 4 wheelin because of this exact story! I would be disgusted too!! MUD... YUCK!!! Great helmet though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My best friend did this to me the first time I rode with her on her 4 wheeler! I still think she did it on purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh no! at least you had that cool helmet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only time I ever went four-wheeling, I got the atv stuck in a sand dune. And that's why I don't do it anymore. And I didn't even have a cool helmet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahah I shouldn't laugh b/c I'd be pretty pissed if that happened to me as well...at least we know it has a happy ending since y'all got married :)

    ReplyDelete