Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Thrifty Tip Tuesday & Happy Teacher Appreciation Day!

Happy Teacher Appreciation Day!

Education is near and dear to my heart, and not just because the hubs is a teacher and I'm an aspiring teacher, but because everyone has a teacher that has had an impact on their lives. I know that I have had several teachers that have helped make me the person I am today. Teaching is a calling and the hours are long, but it is so worth it to make a difference!
I get a ll giddy thinking about my future classroom and helping kids love to learn and feel confident!

I also am SO THANKFUL for the teachers that are in my daughters life. Seriously. How these women get all the 3 years olds to sleep at one time is beyond me!

So I wanted to make sure they felt appreciated this week. As much as I would love to give them all a gift card to Target, my teachers husband and my bank account don't warrant that generosity. Ha! Which brought me to Pinterest...

And these cute freebie printables and idea...

And then a stop to the Walmart and Dollar Tree for candy, drink mixes, and these colorful water bottles...



And there you have it! A special gift for all 8 of Kendall's school teachers!

If you missed out on today, most schools celebrate their teachers all week so it's not too late to say thanks!

4 comments:

  1. This is a REALLY cute idea! Thanks for sharing! I haven't been able to come up with a good gift yet this year so this is some inspiration! I only make one gift for B's main teacher because my husband would probably divorce me if I tried making gifts for 8 teachers right now. I'm gonna have to work 2 jobs once the littles are both in school just to pay for this stuff!!! Also, Kendall looks JUST like you in this shot, so pretty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I was thinking of giving the boy's teachers hanging baskets this year -- I would go bananas if a student gave me flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute idea for Teacher Appreciation Day! I have a pinterest project almost complete for my sons Pre-K teachers, but I plan to hand those out at his graduation. I can't wait to share on my blog! :)

    Thank for you stopping by and leaving a comment on my blog! Looking forward to reading more on your blog!

    ReplyDelete