Monday, June 30, 2014

He's back!

I've been dying to talk about this, but for safety reasons I don't disclose when my husband isn't home!
Anyway, for over a year Chris and some students have been planning and fundraising for a trip to Doninica. They went through an organization called Operation Wallacea.
On June 15th (Fathers Day!) they left (and I boo hooed) and then came home last night. Two weeks!
Two weeks without my husband and single parenting. Granted I reviewed a TON of help from my family. Thank you mom, dad, and Amanda! I wouldn't have made it without you!
Kendall was a little out of sorts for two weeks (obviously) and Saturday night was the worst. Both of us were crying and she fell asleep clutching a picture of her daddy! So I let her stay up and go with me to pick him up from the airport.
If you're interested, here is the blog Chris kept while they were on their trip. It's really interesting!
http://bullitteastbioexpeditions.blogspot.com/?m=0

4 comments:

  1. Love the sign you guys made! And so neat for Kendall to be there when he arrived back home! Bet she was a happy little lady! (and you too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad he's home! No more single parenting =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel. My husband travels a lot for work and it's so hard without him, but boy do you appreciate them that much more when they get home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is so sweet. I love the welcome home sign. So glad to hear that your husband's back--two weeks can definitely feel like an eternity. Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete