Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Weigh In Wednesday

No weight today, I just wanted to share something positive. We have started being active as a family and it is so fun. I usually walk the girls up and down the street for 20-30 minutes a few times a week. Kendall accompanies me doing a workout video some days, and we have started going to the park together!

Here is a pic of us Monday night.

June Iphone 2014 147 

We have a park that is next to the river and the floodwall has a marked path. Chris usually runs two miles and the girls and I walk one mile. Then we let Kendall burn off more energy on the playground for about 20 minutes.

I think it is so important, as a mother to young girls, that I present myself with a positive body image. I have talked about this before, but I have always struggled with my own body image. I want my girls to see me consciously making an effort to be healthy and teach them how to love their own bodies. I am also appreciative of my husband who strives to be healthy and motivates me to do the same!

2 comments:

  1. Its much better when its a family effort :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great message for your girls! Something most of us women (myself included) are still learning. Family fitness is fun!

    ReplyDelete