Friday, July 25, 2014

I got a JOB!

I got a teaching job!!!!!
Funny story... My husband was talking it up with my parents lake house neighbors and it came up that this person knew about a job opening at their school.
Chris starts texting me about the position and I realize I know a teacher there as well. So I start talking to her on fb about it for more info. 
Two days later (Monday), I went in to the school to see if I could meet the principal, introduce myself, and leave me resume. When the principal walked in, I instantly recognized her! It was my 7th grade English teacher!!! Small world! 
We talked for awhile and she explained that it was a cart teaching position.

The next day, I was called for an interview. I interviewed the following day and was called and offered the position!!!!

I will be teaching a Special Area Science Discovery Lab and seeing classes on a weekly rotation. I will use a cart and be in home classrooms majority of the time, but they also found me a space to make my own! 

It's an atrium area on the second floor. I'm just so excited I have a job and I know I will do a great job in this position!! Next year I will have a classroom, but this is my year to really show off what I can do! 

5 comments:

  1. Wow, this sounds really interesting and like a great opportunity! Congratulations Shelli! I wish you much success!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I know you are very excited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome! congrats! Ive never heard of a cart teaching posititon but it sounds interesting and fun! im sure you will do a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for you!!! You are gonna rock this =)

    ReplyDelete