Sunday, November 23, 2014

Teacher of the Week and a SNOW day!

I apologize for not talking about school much on here. I am growing and learning so much every day. I love my little class. I smile, laugh, and cry a lot. It’s a very rewarding and demanding job. I think about those faces constantly.

I never posted pictures of my classroom. I moved into a messy room and I’ve only had a little time outside of school to make it my own. I’ve made a few changes. I’ve added table numbers hanging from the ceiling and different things on the walls. I might go in a day over Christmas break to paint over the bright bulletin board around the white board and smart board.

IMG_0453 IMG_0452

Anyway, I was award staff member of the week 2 weeks ago. I was really proud of myself! Here is what my principal said in an email:

Staff Member of the Week: Shelli Ryan! Shelli has jumped in and taken over a challenging class. She is working with admin and district support to ensure she meets the needs of her students. She exhibits understanding of the school wide expectations and uses these guidelines as she interacts with her students and has fantastic parent communication. Congratulations Shelli!!

I was tickled. It really boosted my self esteem in the school! I know 100% I am doing what I am supposed to be doing and where I am supposed to be right now in my career.

~~~

We had our first snow day and it was awesome. I loved snow days as a kid and I love them even more as a teacher! I won’t be singing that tune in June, I’m sure!

I crafted all day. We were so lazy. Chris made us breakfast and I made us food in the crock pot.

They played in the snow!

DSC_0002

We snuggled inside!

DSC_0003

So much fun!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats!!!! I knew you'd be awesome!!! And yes, you need to paint that bulletin board, lol!!! :)

    ReplyDelete