Saturday, December 13, 2014

K performs at a nursing home

One thing I have really internalized over the past few years is the real meaning of Christmas. The main reason is to celebrate the birth of Jesus. This is something I need to do more of with my children. Chris and I need to step up and find a home church for our family in 2015.

But also, with that love, is serving others during the holidays or any time. This year that has really hit me and I think a lot of that has to do with the children I teach every day. Tomorrow I am helping out with holiday assistance and chaperoning a trip to Walmart for some of our students. A local businessman donated $$ for these kiddos to shop and I truly look forward to seeing these kids pick out gifts!

 

Back to the point of my post, I was delighted to find out Kendall would have an opportunity to perform at a local nursing home. I explained to her how special it was that she got to make others happy.

DSC_0074 DSC_0078  DSC_0083  

She did such a good job and was so confident and brave. I am so proud of this little person with her big heart for others!

DSC_0094 DSC_0096

Obligatory “there’s a pretty Christmas tree” photo! Ha!

2 comments: