Tuesday, December 23, 2014

My 29th Birthday

The week before Christmas is always so busy for us. My younger sister, Amanda, turned 21 on December 20th and then my mom has a birthday on the 21st. Then my birthday is on the 22nd! To say we are sick of cake by the 22nd, is an understatement.

I love my birthday. I just feel so special. I have my own little mini traditions. I like to always buy a new shirt or outfit to wear for my day. And I like to go shopping at some point. Usually it’s Christmas shopping and that’s fine by me. I turned 29 this year which is crazy because I still feel like I’m 22 and I am about to be 30. I know 30 isn’t that old, but my 20s just flew by. I know the last year in my 20s is going to be great!

My mom and I had a gift certificates to this cute tea parlor we needed to cash in because we got them last year for our birthday. So we took Kendall and had the BEST time!

 IMG_1593 IMG_1594 IMG_1583 IMG_1595 IMG_1588IMG_1592 IMG_1597

That evening, my husband surprised me with a surprise birthday dinner with my family! He made lasgna and salad and cleaned the house. He even served one of my favorite foods as an appetizer, Little Ceasar’s pepperoni cheese bread. Yum!

 DSC_0150

That morning while I was at an appointment, he had taken both girls to Bath and Body Works and Kroger. Kendall picked out a cookie cake for me. It was funny because when I got home, Kendall immediately said, “we didn’t go anywhere. We watched movies and played at home.” Ha! She didn’t practice that at all. :)

DSC_0153

Celebrating our birthdays is always so fun! I love spending time with my family and they always make us feel so special.

DSC_0156

4 of the fab 5. Ha! My dad was behind the camera.

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!! I think a tea party is a wonderful way to celebrate your special day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, what a good hubby! Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful birthday! Your family sure knows how to spoil a birthday girl!

    ReplyDelete