Friday, March 27, 2015

Adley’s Butterfly First birthday Party!

I’ve yet to take her 12 month photos or write her 12 month post and I totally mom failed on showing up at the wrong time to her 1 yr old appointment, but I can totally post all the (ok, like 10% of the) pictures I took from her first birthday party.

My sweet, spunky Adley Kate turned 1 this past Saturday and we celebrated with a family party at my parents home on Sunday. I LOVE kid birthdays and the first birthday is when you go all out in my book!

The birthday girl wore a MudPie dress (scored from Zulily for $10!!!) and she rocked it!

I painted her toes too!

DSC_0413

I framed the invitation for a personalized touch!

DSC_0394

SAMS Club has the best cakes and I just fell in love with this butterfly sheet cake!

DSC_0395

I made her smash cake. It was a 3 layer chocolate cake!

DSC_0396

The menu consisted of fruit, veggies, fancy meatballs, queso, Zaxby’s chicken strips, and other snacks!DSC_0397 DSC_0398 DSC_0399

I got most of the decorations when Adley was a few months old from the Dollar Tree. I knew all along she would have a butterfly party and they had the best party set!

DSC_0402 DSC_0404 DSC_0406

Of course these were on display!

DSC_0409

We had a little pre-party fun!

 DSC_0431 DSC_0432 DSC_0433 DSC_0436

The birthday girl tried to take a nap before her party began and was a little apprehensive when she came out and all these people were here!

DSC_0470

Some of the guests!

DSC_0477 DSC_0478DSC_0493

Adley did great at opening her gifts and being the center of attention! She is a ham!

  DSC_0500 DSC_0501 DSC_0509 DSC_0527

At one point she motioned to my mom the itsy bitsy spider song, so we all busted out in the song! Ha!

DSC_0532 DSC_0541

This rainbow ball was probably her favorite gift because she likes to say ball. ;)

DSC_0550

We were reaching our party max when it was time for cake. She quickly realized this was in her favor and stopped crying and started licking icing. I really thought she was going to be all in the cake, but she was pretty conservative. Ha!DSC_0595 DSC_0601 DSC_0629

It was a wonderful day with wonderful people! We are so blessed to have such supportive families to help us and celebrate with us. It takes a village ya’ll! Now I need to write out those thank you cards!!!!

1 comment: