Monday, September 14, 2015

Classroom 2015-16 Tour

This year was really exciting for me! I got to decorate a classroom BEFORE school started! Last year, I took over a first grade class 6 weeks into the school year and it never really felt like my room so I was really anxious to get started. I crafted and bought a bunch of things for my theme over the summer. This is what I walked into 2 weeks before the first day!

IMG_4597

I spent probably about 12 hours getting this room to where it is now. I organized lots of cabinets and made it workable for me!

IMG_4773

What you see when you walk in

IMG_4774

Student cubbies

IMG_4775IMG_4776

My desk area since I got rid of teacher desk

IMG_4777

Guided Reading Area

IMG_4778

Student supplies and chill out desks

IMG_4779

Smart board area, the cart to the left with the stool is where I hook up my laptop and sit during most of my lessons

IMG_4781

The green washi tape is easy for me to right my learning targets each day! The carts and storage drawers are used for centers during our ELA block

IMG_4780

Class Library

IMG_4782IMG_4783

Job and Transportation Charts

IMG_4784IMG_4785

I stole this idea from my teammate for Open House night!

IMG_4786

Ready for another successful school year!

1 comment:

  1. This classroom looks so happy and colorful. I would love to be in this class!

    ReplyDelete