Sunday, April 24, 2016

When your child is difficult...

To my Dearest Adley Kate, 

Today was difficult. I thought it would be fun to check out a new donut shop that opened close to us. It was fun! We picked out different donuts to try and sat in pink and orange seats.


You were all smiles! You tried strawberry milk and preferred donut holes over any of the donuts we picked out so I bought you guys more of those. 


Then...


You took your shoes off and lifted up your dress. I asked you to stop and you said no. We had to leave and I had to carry you out while you were fussing. It was embarassing for Kendall and I!

As I was putting you in your carseat I kept asking you why you acted that way. 
You smiled and said, " Do you like my toes?" (We had painted them recently)
And I couldn't help but think... maybe, maybe you were just being you and it was me with the problem. Maybe you just wanted to show off your pretty toes in Dunkin' Donuts.

I immediately called me mother to relate and get some perspective.

Thank you for being authentic Adley Kate!
xoxo - Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment