At first I wanted to make this room gender neutral. You know in case we decide to have another baby and it’s a boy. So I painted the room a bright yellow. The paint color was actually called “Bright Laughter”! So fitting for a playroom, huh?
Then… I realized every toy in the room was already PINK so I should GIRL it up for Kendall. Why Be all “gender neutral” when Kendall deserves a fun girly color scheme for the playroom where she will spend hours having so much fun???
The first few days we lived in our home I threw up this tablecloth for a little privacy. I was so classy using painters tape, no?
After my tablecloth failed and fell down every day I decided I needed to get a move on getting something permanent on the windows. However, these windows are kind of difficult. It’s a bay window with not a lot of spacing between the window molding. Hence… no room for a curtain rod unless you want to drill it in the molding.
So I decided I would use tension rods for the window that way if I change me mind later it’s no big deal. The tablecloth started growing on me too and I knew my mom had one just like it. She agreed to let me have hers so I could make curtains. Thanks Mom!!! xoxo
Chris had placed my sewing machine box in the foyer Saturday so when I woke up Sunday I just felt like going with it! By 1:30pm I had curtains in the playroom.
Here’s what I did:
I measured the windows and wrote down my plans.
Meanwhile the husband ran to wally world and purchased tension rods for $9 total.
I have plans to embellish the curtains with some ruffles but I will save that for another weekend! Next up is to make/find some toy storage solutions, table/chairs and wall decor! I want to build a window seat/toy storage combo bench but the hubs said to wait another month before I assign him another home project. Sigh.
Not bad for a $9 project!!!